What an eye candy! And it even tastes better than it looks. This is definitely a refresher loaded with nutrients.
1 cup frozen dragonfruit or pitaya
1 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup unsweetened soy/ almond milk
1/3 cup yoghurt, vanilla (this can be replaced with bananas if you prefer non-yoghurt, especially non-dairy alternatives, just make sure that banana is also frozen)
1 tsp chia seeds
Both fruits are loaded with nutrients but impressively offering other benefits too. Check them out:
Dragon fruit benefits:
- May Help Fight Chronic Disease
- Loaded With Fiber
- Promotes a Healthy Gut
- Strengthens Your Immune System
- May Boost Low Iron Levels
- Good Source of Magnesium
- Contains Disease-Fighting Antioxidants
- Enyzmes can ease digestion
- May Help Reduce the Risk of Cancer
- May Boost Immunity and Suppress Inflammation
- May Ease Symptoms of Arthritis
- May Speed Recovery After Surgery or Strenuous Exercise
Okay so I added a little bit of text there but I do hope those tidbits of benefits were also appreciated. Make sure you purchase your fruits in season so reap their benefits. Let me know what other pink smoothies you’ve concocted so I can try them too – comment below!
Love and light,
Pink photo, of course, by me.