And I thought my facial routine was golden already until I tried this.
Wow! Cocokind turned the tables around just one week after using it every single day. Disclaimer, this by the way isn’t an ad. I never realized how awesome this mask was until I tried it and it truly didn’t disappoint.
If you’ve been looking around my Instagram account, you’ll know I’m a big fan of skin care over wearing make up of any sorts (plus I’m not good with applying but yeah okay I get by). And it’s not just any product – it’s cruelty free brands. I started experimenting and figuring out what works for me since 2016 and have not looked back on non-cruelty free products. As to why? Well that’s a long story.
I’ve closed out my 7-month journey of religious skin care (morning and night) routine and I don’t think I’ll stop. And though I have a very busy schedule, I make sure I find time to practice this routine day and night.
So in the Cocokind site they mentioned the mask as – “a customizable mask that purifies, boosts complexion, and visibly de-puffs and soothes. densely packed with chlorophyll, organic spirulina, wheatgrass and chlorella, this treatment provides an antioxidant punch to help clarify, soothe, and brighten the look of dull skin. add water, facial oils, yogurts, milks, or other carriers to our mask – whatever your skin needs!”
Benefits of chlorophyll:
- Miracle wound healer (I have breakouts from time to time due to stressors and this just like heals them because its anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory at the same time)
- Fights acne and clears breakouts (If you look at most skin products they contain chlorophyll. They help create an environment uninhabitable for bacteria and really rich in antioxidants)
- Nourishes the skin (I might seem to over acting but this is true and most obvious when I started using it. My skin has been glowing and smooth. Since chlorophyll contains magnesium it helps to get oxygen into our skin and allows the metabolism of vitamin C. Prevention of skin redness and itchiness and even dryness has been linked to magnesium. Power packed mask)
- Young looking skin and wrinkle prevention (Vit K, A, C and E are all a part of chlorophyll. These vitamins help rejuvenate the skin. And since chlorophyll has abundant anti-oxidants, fine lines, sun spots and sun damage are all prevented due to the protection from chlorophyll. Note though you can’t replace it as a sunscreen)
Cocokind is true to form with their product. I use this this their turmeric stick every day. Oh gracious! I swear the dark spots on my face from breakout scarring started to lighten and they’re almost gone.
If you’re curious on how it smells like, it smells like greens. I love it but I think some people hate the smell. So it’s really a case to case basis on your preference. But I suggest to not let it bother you. Besides water, I think you can use other carriers like oils. The mask is a very good base. I like to keep it simple though, I just use water. And the best part – its a detoxifying mask and not an exfoliant! So it’s not dangerous to use it everyday. Truly, skin food! Also, I have a different product that I use for non-abrasive exfoliation which I only use once a week (more of that on a different story). I stopped using physical exfoliators since I find them too hard on my face.
Direction to use:
- Using the spoon that comes in the box, get an ample scoop and place into a small bowl. (I just take one full scoop per use)
- To mix with water, place the water into a teaspoon and slowly pour into the bowl. I like my mask paste-y and heavy so I don’t add water that much. Less water if you want deep cleansing, more water if you want a very light mask.
- If you have their turmeric stick (I will write about that soon), apply in dark spots and even under the eyes. This part is fun because I get to color my face with the stick.
- Apply the mask with either a mask brush or your hands.
- Leave along for 10-15 minutes. At this time, I’m doing chores in the morning or getting dressed or working. Mind you, my face never itched unlike other masks I’ve tried that stings my face.
- Wash with water and pat dry with a towel.
- Carry on with your facial routine.
I haven’t tried it but they said since Cocokind’s mask is organic and very natural, you can actually mix the mask in a drink. I don’t think I’m planning to try that out soon since I’m really loving it on my face. But if you do try it, let me know in the comment section. Pretty curious what it tastes like.
I intensely love this product. I’m so happy I found this product at my favorite health store in the country and I don’t think I’ll ever stop using it. And if you are reading this Cocokind, please don’t stop making this available EVER!
If you want to read all about this product, click here.
If you’ve tried it, leave a comment below!
Love and light,
PS. All photos were taken by me. Also, that after photo? no filter. That’s what my skin looks like right after washing the mask off.